Map of Trip

Map of Trip
Cross Country Challenge 2010

Monday, July 26, 2010


This a steep tree lined road, picture doesn't do it justice.


One of many clear, cool, scenic lakes with cottages around it.

Kiwi Rick from New Zealand, always pushing a hard gear. Big John right behind him.


This road was steep, look at the trees they are straight up and d0wn. Lots of old head stones in this grave yard.



A typical New England church.


Beautiful home in downtown Manchester.


Wild Thing Rob Rowley, you can tell he is a Texan.

Day 51: Last long ride of the trip. I wasn’t planning on doing another 100 mile ride, but because of a missed turn and having to retrace several miles to get back on route, what was going to be a 83 mile day turned into 100 plus. New Hampshire like Vermont is a biking mecca. The roads, scenery, up hills and down hills provided for a great day of riding. Two of the climbs today, both a little over a mile each that had grades exceeding 21%. I think the staff was intentional about keeping these climbs a secret for fear a mutiny. We had similar terrain as yesterday, lots of trees, streams, lakes and beautiful old homes. Tonight we had a farewell dinner since some of the riders will depart after we hit the Atlantic ocean tomorrow. It was chance for each of us to share some thoughts about our ride and to reminisce about the journey. This ride for me was about fulfilling a goal that Tim and I had set together. After 62 miles tomorrow I will have achieved that goal. Tim, like so many people on this ride, have pushed me beyond my comfort zone and to expect more of myself. I am grateful for the friends I have made along the way and look forward to the opportunity to riding with them in the future.
July 26, 2010
MIles today: 100.2
Climbing today: 6,159

1 comment:

  1. What a great accomplishment, congratulations !!

    Danni & Dan Boz

    ReplyDelete