Map of Trip

Map of Trip
Cross Country Challenge 2010

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 36: Champaign, IL to Crawfordville, IN, 83 miles, W: 5 SE, Temp 70-85, Clear


State number 8, check out the dig Indiana gives to Illinois at bottom of sign.


Wall art on side of building in Hillsboro, IN

A happy place for happy people.


Rand after his long day.

Day 36: Rode into our 8th state today and only 65 miles to a rest day. Not that I need one, but I am really looking forward to Drew’s visit! It has been 24 day’s since she left me in Salt Lake City, the longest we have been apart in 30 years of marriage. Today was survival for me, I relied on the tolerance of my friend Rand Fortin to pace me the entire day. He was a real champ to hang with me and encouraged me through some struggles. It was a textbook day to ride; flat terrain, good weather and a manageable distance. We started getting into a few rolling hills as we crossed into Indiana, nothing to brutal. Tomorrow we go to Indianapolis and some site seeing.
July 11, 2010
Miles today: 83

No comments:

Post a Comment